For this session we’re going to facilitate an open discussion on Software Craftsmanship. We’ve asked a couple of well known craftsmen who have either been involved in the software craftsmanship community or contributed to the greater good of the software community itself.
- Robert C. Martin is the founder, CEO, and president of Object Mentor and is a well known software professional.
- David Starr is the principal craftsman with Guild 3 Software, instructor with Pluralsight, founder of ElegantCode.com and one of the initiators of the Software Craftsman Cooperative.
- Mark Nijhof is going to join us for the third time already and so he barely needs an introduction. He recently started his own business called Cre8ive Thought.
- Scott Bellware is one of the founders of the ALT.NET movement and organizer of the Monospace, ALT.NET Open Spaces and Continuous Improvement conferences.
- Corey Haines is a well known as a Software Journeyman and spent almost a year traveling to pair-program in exchange for room and board. Now he’s still travelling around the world for his Code Retreat tour.
Quite the bunch we gathered here for this discussion. Here are the details:
Start Time: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 07:00 PM GMT*
End Time: Tuesday, April 06, 2010 08:30 PM GMT
Attendee URL: http://snipr.com/virtualaltnet (Live Meeting)
VAN Calendar: http://www.virtualaltnet.com/Home/Calendar
Hope to see you there and also feel free to join the discussion. Needless to say that we’re going to have a blast. If you already have some interesting topics that you want to see discussed here, then please add them to this thread on the Software Craftsmanship Google Group.